Things I Love Thursday: Giving Myself Permission to be Sick

[Image description]  Words reading "Things I Love Thursday," in three slightly offset layers each in a different color.  Light purple, cream, and brown.
    The past week was rough.  I had a terrible pain flare start Friday and I slept the better part of three days.  Since then I have had terrible trouble trying to get any kind of normal sleep.  Being a spoonie is not easy.  From day to day I don't know how much energy I am going to have or if it is going to last.  One of my house mates is also a spoonie and experiences pain on a daily basis.  We we're speaking on the matter yesterday and my house mate pointed out that this is a daily thing for me.  Depression and fatigue make it difficult to remember. And years of being accused of faking make me wonder if I am making it up to get out of something.  But I am not.  I am working on accepting things and giving myself permission to be sick. 
 


    Here is raising a tea cup to accepting ourselves and our bodies limitations. 

Tata,
Lilian A. Brennan

Comments