More Reading in May


[Image Description] Photo of a small bookshelf strung with lights with assorted books and tea ware.


    May is here and I have decided that I want to read more.  Especially since I have access to accessible books that make it so much easier for me to read at a normal-ish(?) speed.  As such I have made a nice little list of the things that I want to read.  If you are on Good Reads check it out here.    Some of them are books I have read before, but that doesn't mean I can't get anything out of them from a second reading.  Heck some of them I feel I am overdue for reading again.  Like The Art of Asking.  I feel the lessons in that book bear repeating from time to time. 

    And so here we are, in no particular order, my reading list for May. 

The Art of Asking; or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help  by Amanda Palmer

    Like I said earlier I feel like this one is worth looking through again from time to time.  And when a study group I am in asked for summer reading suggestions this is what I brought to the table.  Amanda Palmer has some great advice on living and thriving in this world.  If you want a taste of what the book contains I highly suggest her 2013 TED Talk.  I got my copy from her book tour when it came out in 2014.  That whole experience is well worth talking about at some point on its own.  It has been a while though and I think I would do well to give this book another read especially having one that has TTS

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo

    It has been a while since I finished this book.  (I don't immediately remember when) However, I never finished tidying and I think it would do me well to reread the book and get on that task as soon as possible.  I have an overwhelming amount of stuff to sort through and with depression and anxiety neither of those situations (the mental health or the amount of stuff) makes the other easier.  I plan on trying to do the KonMari method all the way this time and finishing once and for all. 

The Essential Rumi by Rumi and translated by Coleman Barks 

    Back in March I asked friends for suggestions on what to read from Rumi.  This was one of the ones that came up, so time to get reading.  Have any of you read anything from Rumi? 

Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch 

    I love this mans writing.  It is not for everyone.  The language in the first book was very "Not kid friendly."  But it was exciting and intriguing and an amazing ride.  It is also emotional.  As such I needed to take a break before moving to the second book, but here I am.  I am looking forward to the story in this one.  I am already a few chapters in and wow it is a lot. 

The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs by Linda P. Schapper  

    I recently decided that I wanted to actually learn more than the chain stitch in crocheting.  So yesterday I went to the local library to find a book that could help me with that.  This is what I found.  Now I just need some yarn to practice with. 

Well this is my reading list for the month.  If I chew through it I might add more.  What are you reading?  Do you use accessible books? 

Tata,
Lilian A. Brennan


Comments