Tea Time Tuesday: Pumpkin Loaf

Words read, "tea Time Tuesday.  Pumpkin Bread" in orange and bright purple over an image of a loaf of pumpkin bread in a glass bread pan.  Two colorful oven mits lay on the stove top beside it.

    Both me and +Jenn have been missing our old Tea Time Tuesday adventures.  We would hang out every week, usually on a Tuesday hence the name, and have tea and try out new things.  We live in different cities now and it isn’t so easy to hang out on a regular basis.  It’s a long way to go on a bicycle.  :p   As such we have decided to try Tea Time Tuesday from a distance.  This week we both tried out a new recipe.   Starbucks Pumpkin Bread.  

    I do enjoy this loaf when I visit Starbucks.  It would be nice to be able to make my own.  Plus it would cost a lot less to make my own.  

    My housemate helped me out in the kitchen making the bread and took pictures for me.  The recipe wasn’t difficult.  It was pretty standard in my experience.  I have done a lot of baking in my time.  It did have several spices though.  If you do not bake often you may have to go to the store.  Most of the ingredients are things I keep on hand.  

A collection of baking ingredients all gathered together.  Includes all-purpose flour, eggs,and spices.  For the full list please see the recipe linked in the post.
Here is a pic of all the ingredients, including the cooking spray we used.
Image of two hands working a nutmeg seed over a micro-planer.
Best way to get nutmeg.

    I did make one small adjustment and one mistake.  At least two of us in the house aren’t all that excited about seeds so I went ahead and left the pumpkin seeds out.  As for the allspice and the clove I accidentally put ½ tsp of each instead of ¼ tsp of each.  Oops.  I tried to pull some of it off, because I caught the mistake before I mixed all the dry ingredients together.  It came out tasting great though.  

Two short containers of spice with red lids.  Spice on the left reads, "Ground clove", spice on the right reads, "ground allspice."  A  pink heart shaped post-it note reads, "oops."

    The loaf was moist and had a very mellow pleasing flavor.  It was a hit in the household.  I decided to try pairing it with the Masala Chai I have.  It is a nice spicy tea and I thought the spiciness might pair well together.  They tasted fine together.  I think it might have done better with a breakfast tea though.  English or Irish might have done well with this treat.  Both of those are nice strong teas.  
  
Photo of a cup of milky tea in a pale green mug with a spoon in it.  A slice of pumpkin loaf on a plate beside it.


    Like I said this was a hit in our household.  I will be making it again.  We have even talked about trying it with sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin.  I am looking forward to that experiment.  I’ll be sure to share the results with you all once I get a chance to try that.
 
    +Jenn  over on Just Plum Petite also baked this same recipe.  Take a look at how things went for her and what type of tea she tried it with.

    Hey are there any teas of recipes you think we should try out?  Let us know in the comments of either blog post.  

 Tata, 
Lilian A. Brennan


Comments