Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 12 - Lolitafying Things In My Everyday Life


   Hello everyone! ♥  ♥  This is my twelfth post for the Lolita 52 Challenge created by +Caro Dee of FYeah Lolita.  If you love lolita fashion go check out the list .  It is plenty of fun to blog about or to use as conversation starters at meet ups.  Each Saturday I will answer one of the questions on the list.  Last week I talked about Something That I Made.  This week I am talking about number twenty nine,  lolitafying things in my everyday life.  If you'd like to see the rest of my answers they are all listed under my Lolita 52 Challenge tag.

    Lolitafying things!  How do I count the possibilities?

    I am a lifestyle lolita.  I may not have a bedroom decked out in the most kawaii and candy pink colors.  It just isn't my style.

    I love to add cute and elegant details to my life, wardrobe, and home.

Assortment of tea related items.  Tea cup, tea pot, book, biscuits, rose petals.

Lolitafying My Everyday Life

    I loved tea long before I first saw lolita.  I adore things like 1:12 scale miniatures and Victorian architecture.  I love to spend quiet time writing poetry and watching sunsets.  And I take time to enjoy these things in my life.  For me a part of lolitafiying the everyday life is to take note of the details.  To take time to put detail into the things I do.  And to do things I love because it makes me happy rather than what I am expected to do by society.

    I love to engage in the ritual of brewing tea.  Taking the time to heat the water and select the tea is very meditative and gives me a great level of control over the taste of the resulting product.  I rarely go a day without taking time for tea.  It is also a great way to entertain or spend time with friends whether they don frills or not.

    I have not been able to get back into the hobby of miniature doll houses, but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming about it and collecting ideas and books on the subject.  Gazing over pinterest boards and LiveJournal posts.  When I see buildings and interior design I am at once both intrigued by the work and thinking of how the look could be attained in miniature form.

    Crafting and creative hobbies are not only an excellent way to create decor and new accessories they are a wonderful way to spend time and socialize.  I dabble in many different crafts.  Though in this respect I do hope to set aside more time for this as with miniatures money and time are a perpetual issue.

    Did I mention tea time?

Assortment of crafting supplies.  Ribbon, artificial flowers, floral tape, miniature sets.

Lolitafying My Everyday Home

    One of the perks of having your own space is you can decorate it without worrying about the tastes and preferences of your roommates.  However, this also means that the cost, both in time and money, fall on you.  The only room I have been able to fully decorate to satisfaction is my parlor.  And I have chosen to call it the parlor or the sitting room because I find the words, personally, more appealing and elegant than living room.  Lolitafiying your word choice costs no money at all.

    I have talked about adding flowers as decor.  It can be inexpensive and simple or more elaborate.  Some of my favorite flowers to use are carnations, purple mardi gras asters, and gerbera daisies.  Whenever I bring flowers home I like to add a little ribbon to the vase just to add that last bit of detail.

    And them throughout my home you find little pops of just adorable cuteness.  My Little Pony and Card Captor Sakura figures.  Cute and sometimes odd plushies.  Fairies and dragons.  My home is my own and I want to continue to build onto the cute, whimsical, elegant feel of it.

Jewelry, figurines, fan, and meditation balls.

Lolitafying My Everyday Wardrobe

    Of course I have specifically lolita clothing and I love to wear it for no reason other than my own pleasure.  But life doesn't always give us the time to take with our preparations for the day. (hair, makeup, and clothing)  And sometimes it is just not practical to pull out all the stops.  Does that mean that I can’t lolitafy my other style choices?

    Frills no!!!

    I love to go thrift shopping and it leads me to find some interesting pieces.  Some wonderfully unique and others that simply make great base pieces.  Like white blouses.  (I have a great collection of white blouses and most of them are from the thrift stores.)  Some of these pieces work well both in the lolita style and to dress up my look at other times.

    As such I work it! I often wear nice slacks, dress boots or my 1920’s T-strap heels, and a button up blouse.

    But I don’t stop there, because the details can make an outfit pop.  I love accessories.  Jewelry, fans, hats, jackets.  Ribbons, broaches, appliques, and makeup.  Fashion is fun and should be.

    Lolitafying things in my everyday life is simple, beautiful, and just who I am.  How do you lolitafy your everyday life?

Comments