Ada Lovelace Day, Lolita, and NaNo Prep

    Here is another slice of lice collection of links and my thoughts.

Science, Women, and Ada Lovelace Day

    So I learned yesterday that it was Ada Lovelace Day.  Have you heard of her?  Here are a couple links if you haven’t.  I remember ThinkGeek.com had a series of heroine shirts.  The ones I remember were Marie Curie, Ada Lovelace, and Mary Shelley.  Most of them have been retired.  However, it seems the Marie Curie Babydoll is still available.  I really do love reading about women in history both in STEM fields and outside of them.  I wish they had been covered more in school.  Perhaps I can plan a fun, educational day trip for next year as a way of celebrating women in STEM careers on Ada Lovelace Day.  Also, I need to grab me one of these Lego mini figs.

Lolita and Cute Fashion

    I've been having a blast exploring the blogosphere.  Especially the Lolita Blog Carnival posts and generally just finding new lolita bloggers.  One of my favorite bloggers (and one of the ones I have been following the longest), Caro from F Yeah Lolita, posted about her first attempts with circle lenses.  My First Time Wearing Circle Lenses, Courtesy of Simply-Subtle  I have seen these darling lenses associated with lolita for years now and the more I look at them the more the idea is growing on me to try them myself.  Recently posted to EGL was a video of the “Fashion Show of the Innocent World Tea Party in Vienna.”  It was a good quality video and I loved the chance to see the fashion show.  Maybe some day I can go to one of the lolita brand events in person.  I was particularly fond of The Chocolate Chess JSK and The new Gargoyles of Notre-Dame JSK.
From http://innocent-w.jp/

From http://innocent-w.jp/


Writing and Nano Prep

    Creating an entire world is no easy task.  I recently asked about advice on creating a magic system and was directed to Sanderson’s Laws by Avery from Zero's Journey.  I only in the last week happened upon her blog and I look forward to more of her posts.  I have read half of Brandon Sanderson's essays on the topic of magic systems so far.  I am hoping to finish reading the other half by the end of today.  I have also been going through episodes of Writing Excuses tagged magic.  Here are links to Sanderson’s Laws of Magic.
Sanderson’s First Law
Sanderson’s Second Law
Sanderson’s Third Law of Magic
I am hoping to have some semblance of an outline and a much better understanding of the magic in my world by Halloween night.  Just in time for NaNoWriMo.

    Hope your Ada Lovelace Day was great.  What have you been into lately?  

Comments