13 Autumn Goals: A Final Update


    Tomorrow is the first day of Winter.  That means that time is up on my 13 Autumn goals.  So of course it is time to see how I did and plan out the next season.  My friend Lacy, over at Night Lights And Day Dreams, also did a list of goals for autumn.  Here is her latest update.

    For starters there is my number one, which I designated as my difficult goal, write 60K words for NaNoWriMo.  If I counted all the other writing I did during November I would have well surpassed the goal.  However the goal was only for the words in my NaNoWriMo project.  I didn't make it to my goal of 60K I did get very close to the regular goal of 50K.  I wrote 49,484 words.  I am proud of what I wrote and what I learned during that attempt.  I look forward to finishing the projects and some day submitting it for publication.



    Number two, buy a cozy Japanese futon, my financial goal.  I have saved 39.4% of the amount I need to get the futon I want.  I was hoping to have on by now, but life happens and this time of year can be more taxing on our wallets.  I very well may carry this goal over to my winter goals.

    Number three, make a donation to the local Girl Scout Council.  This one is almost done.  I wanted to donate some craft supplies to the local Girl Scout Council for their camps' art programs.  I have the supplies bagged up, yet I haven't had a chance to take them in.  I am going to continue holding onto them until I can get them to the office.  I am not going to carry this goal over like I am thinking of doing so with number two, but rather I will just keep it as an item on the side that needs to be completed.

    I would say I have completed number four.  Draw up a decor plan for my home that I can use for reference.  Include colors, motifs, and theme.  The only part I haven't posted here is the kitchen.  As for number five I did not go with friends to a museum, exhibit, or gallery.  I simply didn't have time to plan such a trip.  I did however go out with friends, new and old, quite a bit.  It was great fun and a healthy experience to be so socially active.  Number six was to host a lolita meet-up, and though I did not host it our local group had it's first big meet up on International Lolita Day.  It was great fun and I got to meet new people.  I look forward to our next get together.  I never did manage to get a hold of a seasonal tea for number seven.  I guess I should have ordered some online.  I did try a new tea though.  Zhena's Gypsy Tea Hazelnut Chai is delicious and has a slight nutty aroma and flavor.

Bathroom
Image from The Graphics Fairy


    Number eight was to learn to use the program GIMP.  I have barely scratched the surface of this program.  My friend did send me some really great tutorials and instructions though so I am looking forward to going through those.  This is something that I would really like to learn so I may carry this one over to my winter list also.  Number nine, craft and mail autumn cards, never happened.  Another one I just didn't have time to do.  Number ten was to learn at least three new recipes (bonus for using seasonal ingredients.)  I learned one new recipe and it included pumpkin.  I'd like to talk about that recipe later, because it was super easy and delicious.

    Read two books was number eleven.  For my first of the two I read "Glamour in Glass" by Mary Robinette Kowal.  I have fallen head over heels in love with her writing.  As such the second book I chose to read was her next book in the collection, "Without a Summer."  I only have seven chapters left and while I could finish it tonight I am going to take my time and finish it over the next few days.  As for number twelve, while it was very little, I did decorate for autumn.  Then last but not least number thirteen.  Learn some conversational French. I have made some efforts to this one and found some good resources to help me learn.  But my French is not much better than it was on the twenty second of September.  I do wish to continue this goal though.

Eiffel Tower
Image from The Graphics Fairy


    I feel like it was really busy over all and that maybe I put too much big stuff on my plate considering November is the month of the year I have a very limited life outside of NaNoWriMo.  I feel really good about my efforts over all and look forward to new goals and adventures in Winter.  Will you be joining me for making goals for winter?  Look for more details tomorrow.

Comments