Things I Love Thursday: Violins and Happiness


Inside of Violin Case
Found this raised heart in the velvet inside my violin case. 


    This week started out a bit sluggish for me.  I am thinking it may have been due, in part, to the unregionably cold weather.  Last I checked I live in Texas.  LOL  It has warmed up though.  I am hopping my energy will warm up too.  Now onward to the list of wonderful things.  

  • Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
  • Buying rosin so I can play the violin I got.  
  • Discovered Aromantic Aardvark (Look a tumblr --> Aromantica Ardvark)
  • "Without a Summer" by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • Tweeting in letter format
  • The raised heart shape inside my violin case
  • Playing the violin, even if I''m not that good
  • Being inspired to write while I am reading(this can also be frustrating)
  • Listening to the music I used to listen to and deciding that it is indeed still awesome!  To name a few:
    • Simon & Garfunkel
    • Kansas
    • Stix
    • Queen
    • Skillet
    • Blue October 
    • Hoobastank
    • Three Days Grace
    • Billie Holiday
    • Frank Sinatra
    • Louis Armstrong (Yeah I could keep going, but Mr Armstrong is a great note to end on)
  • Tchaikovsky's works.  This week loving The Nutcracker.  
  • Dreaming of eventually putting an old school functioning gramophone in my sitting room.  
  • And conspiring to at least get my hands on a record player for my sitting room.  Then I can collect all the classical music I love on records.  
  • And on those two notes, Being an anachronist.  
  • China is the third country to successfully land a spacecraft on the moon.  China’s Maiden Lunar Rover ‘Yutu’ Rolls 6 Wheels onto the Moon – Photo and Video Gallery
  • This Pinterest Board Too Old for Dress Up? Psh!
  • Only one 8track this week: bawm by abby.allison2
  • The fact that I own a good selection of clasical music to play when I feel like it
  • Inspiration! in all its forms
  • This grammar pin 
    So what are you loving this week?  What made you smile?  

Comments

  1. I love listening to music I haven't heard in a long time and realizing how much I still enjoy it! So much nostalgia!

    Having an old school gramophone would be so cool!

    That dress-up board on Pinterest is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be rocking old school with my gramophone. LOL

      Wasn't it! I love finding great boards to follow.

      Delete
  2. Awesome list this week! :D I was just thinking not too long ago that there are some songs that are still so catchy/awesome even though they are songs I loved a long time ago. I know there are some people who would be embarrassed by liking certain songs (for various reasons), but if music makes you feel good it shouldn't matter what kind it is or how old it is.

    The little heart in your violin case is such an adorable little detail. I love it!

    Ha! That grammar pin is quite excellent. Very good advice! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I really enjoyed writing the list this week. I had Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son in my head for almost two days. It was very enjoyable. Your right about music BTW.

      The heart was a surprise too. I hadn't seen it at first. Likely because I was just so excited to hold the violin.

      Delete

Post a Comment