Things I Love Thursday: Unplanned Trip Out of Town

Cowgirls
Image from The Graphics Fairy

    I took a wonderful unplanned trip to spend time with one of my best friends.  We didn't do anything out of the ordinary (for us), yet it was like a little mini unplanned vacation.  It is amazing how great things can be when you spend quality time with people you love.  When was the last time you just hung out with one of your best friends?


  • Violin lessons.
  • Lolita blogs and RSS feeds.  
  • Here are this weeks 8tracks.  I hope you find something you enjoy.
  •  This chemistry demonstration, Iodine Clock demonstration
  • Decorating my home with fresh flowers.  
  • Hanging out with another science nerd and talking shop over dinner and a drink.  
  • Star gazing.
  • Walking and climbing over rocks.
  • Disney's Brave.  Just saw it this week and loved it.  
  • A fluffy warm kitty that will cuddle with you at bed time.  And just kitties in general. 
  • Great stories.
  • Picnics.
  • Trying new food places.  
  • The flow of creativity that seems to hit when you put yourself in a new setting.  
    It was a great week and I can't possibly list everything that I did and loved this week.  Not in a reasonable amount of time.  And that is a part of the wonder and adventure of this week.  I hope your week is going great.  Be adventurous and try new things.  Try things you haven't done in a while.  And most importantly make time for friends.  Never under estimate the awesomeness of a good friend.   

Comments

  1. Unplanned mini vacation! Sounds fantastic, and I'm glad you have an excellent time with your friend. It certainly is great to spend time with people you love!

    I always want to buy fresh flowers when I go to the store, but then I convince myself to not spend money on them since the money could/should be used for something "more important". I should just buy the damn flowers! Lol.

    Brave is so good! I saw it for the first time not too long ago, and loved it too!

    Yes, kitties! All the kitties! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was so much fun I need to do stuff like that more often.

      I have been keeping fresh flowers all winter. Some advice if you'd like to buy flowers:
      1) Make sure you have a big enough vase.
      2) Go for the $4 bunches. There are some great choices at the grocery store and some of them even list on the packaging how long they last. Some last as long as two weeks.
      3) Pick something that makes you smile when you look at it.

      Brave is wonderful. I love the line, "I am Merida, first born descendant of Clan DunBroch. And I'll be shooting for my own hand!" Merida is awesome, but you can not deny the respect that her mother Elinor demands by her very presence. I will most certainty watch it again.

      KITTIES!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment