Things I Love Thursday: A Good, Yet Busy Week

Ace pride bookmark.
Ace pride bookmark.  

    It has been a rather busy week for me.  I really got tucked out.  This week reminded me how important sleep is.  I ended up sleeping at odd hours (for me) and sleeping through alarms too.  Have you been getting enough sleep?

    On to the list of joy!
  • It is absolutely great to hear about rulings like this that advance the rights of transgender people.  Why This Transgender Teen's Big Victory Matters 
  • Reading my friend Lacy's post Five Senses – Winter Edition got me in a music mood.  Check out her post to see her favorite winter things related to the five senses.  Here are some of the songs I love.  
    •  Everclear - Wonderful
    • Soggy Bottom Boys - I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrow (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) 
    • Butthole Surfers - Pepper
    • Both Johnny Cash and Unwoman's covers of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt" 
    • Also from O Brother, Where Art Thou?, the sirens' song, "Go to Sleep Little Baby!"  
    • Cake - The Distance
    • The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony 
    • The Cranberries - Zombie.  Oh my gods yes!
    • Goodness it has been a while since I heard this one.  Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
    • I always liked the sound of their songs.  Smash Mouth - Walkin' On The Sun
  • Taking time to piddle around on the internet and look at beautiful lolita dresses.  
  • Dancing in public.  Because I don't care what they think.  I'm having fun.
  • Robot Hug's Depression The Comic
  • This week I have a single 8track to share:  Mazurka by expfunc If you like classical, like I do, you surely will enjoy this.  
  • A little help from my friends.  Don't we all love it when we don't have to go it alone? 
  • Second hand treasures.  Be they thrifted, gifted, or found.   
  • Pinning.
  • Having tea with a friend.  
  • Random crafting.  

    Also this week I learned that it is more difficult to play the violin while wearing a tie.  What did you learn this week?  What did you love this week?

Comments

  1. I haven't heard some of those songs in what seems like forever! And some of them I've never heard. I used to love listening to Smash Mouth songs. Might have to do some music exploration now! :D

    That comic is pretty great.

    It's always great to have the love and support of friends! Such a lovely feeling to have people to help, encourage, and cheer you on!

    I should do some crafting. Making a bookmark looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to have support. I am glad to have inspired a desire to explore more music. Music is so much fun. Have fun crafting. Bookmarks are so practical for book people.

      Delete

Post a Comment