My 13 Spring Goals for 2014

Celebrating Spring
Image from Antique Images

    This winter seemed to have me in quite a lull.  Hopefully the new season and the warmer weather will bring back the energy into my life.

    I have created some lofty challenges for myself, which I will have to stay on top of.  I am excited for the challenge though.

    Let's start with some of the fun goals and move our way up.

    1  Fly a Kite

    Every time I see the kites for sale in the stores in the last month or so that old song from Mary Poppins starts to play in my head.  I haven't flown a kite in ages.  I think it would be a lot of fun to give it a try.  I may even try to make a kite myself.

    2  Go to the Movies

    It has been a while since I have gone to the movies and there seem to be some good looking ones coming out this year.

    3  Have a Picnic

    I have been wanting to go on a picnic since the tail end of autumn.  Winter just isn't the season to sit out on the grass and eat finger sandwiches though.  Last year I learned about a fun sounding holiday through Gala Darlings post, Celebrate This: International Picnic Day!  It seems like a great reason to get friends out for some fun.  It will be a Wednesday this year.  June the 18th.  Though I must say, why only have one picnic in a season?

    4  Have a Crafternoon

    I love crafting in my spare time and it is so much fun to just sit around with friends.  An afternoon of tea and crafts sounds like a great idea.

    5  Make 5 Crafts

    I really liked this one in the winter and made three out of five of the crafts.  This season along with the use of the crafternoon, perhaps I will knock this goal out of the water.

    6  Study for an Hour a Day

    I am a nerd.  I enjoy studying.  However, there come times when I feel guilty doing things I enjoy.  Not a good thing when you enjoy doing stuff you need to do.  That and I will get to the things that are urgent rather than important. By setting aside at least an hour everyday for studying I hope to kick back into my habit of pouring over books and lessons.  It should help that they will be things I want to study and not things I am forced to study.  I would like to focus on French and maths for the moment.  I would also like to study GIMP some more.  Is there something you'd like to learn more about?

    7  Get a 60 Day Streak on DuoLingo

    In addition to setting aside time to study each day, I want to break my previous streak on DuoLingo sixfold.  Think big.  This means I need to keep at the studying each day.  Perhaps I will give myself a reward if I make this one.

    8  Catch up on Shows

    This one is mostly for my own enjoyment.  Also see the comment about feeling guilty about doing things I enjoy.

    A friend lent me Once Upon A Time.  This is an ABC show that I absolutely fell head over heals in love with.  After missing episode 17 and refusing to watch more till I saw it it has been a terrible wait.  I am so happy to see it again.

    I would also like to catch back up with Kurt's adventures on Far Lands or Bust.  There are a couple of other YouTube shows I'd like to keep up with.

    In addition I would like to catch up on podcast shows that I follow regularly.  The only one I do not plan on hearing all the episodes of in spring is Astronomycast.  With over 330 episodes I will settle, for now, with just getting back to listening to the new episode each week.  Bonus, they now air as hang outs every Monday.

    9  Donate to Johanna's Surgery Fund

    Johanna is a lolita and artist I met at Realms con.  She is trying to raise money to help pay for some surgeries she needs and I have selected her's as my donation goal this season.  Check out the link and if you too can donate anything she would certainly appreciate it.

   10  Write 750 words a day in April for Camp NaNoWriMo

    This session of Camp NaNoWriMo starts on the first of April.  As I have been in quite a lull even in my writing I plan on using this session to kick start my writing back into gear.  I will be writing a sort of encyclopedia for myself.  Taking note of any of the world details I will need to be able to quickly reference in my story.  I want them to be nice and organized.  At the moment I have to dig though files in hopes of finding the information I want.

   11  Save for Texas Renaissance Festival

    I plan on attending the RenFair this autumn.  I am going to start saving now.  It is always fun at the festival and I'd like to stay more than one day this year.  

   12  Learn 1 New Song a Week on the Violin

    I am learning to play the violin and it can be really tough getting your body to learn how to move in a way it doesn't normally move.  I used to do choir so I am at least familiar with reading music and memorizing pieces.  I also know from my time in choir that I can learn the music quickly if I commit myself to it.  As such I am going to try and learn at least one new song a week for a total of 13 new songs.

   13  Learn to Cook a New Meal Each Week

    I enjoy working in the kitchen.  I know how to cook for myself, but there are so many things I just don't know how to work with.  This spring I would like to work on learning more techniques and how to work with new ingredients.  So 13 new meals should get me into some crazy fun in the kitchen.  


    I must say that this list of goals scares me a bit.  There are certainly more than one I  would consider difficult.  I need to make myself a game plan.  I really think that may help.  

    I will be keeping track of mine over at Day Zero Project.  This site is great keeping track of goals.  

    Are you joining in on the fun or do you have any current goals?  

Comments

  1. I shouldn't let myself get so behind on blog replies! Now I'm doing a bunch at once. XD

    Awesome list of goals! Flying a kite sounds fun! Haven't done that in a really long time. I remember having to build a kite in my high school physics class. Mine didn't fly very well. Lol.

    Cooking a new meal every week should be fun! It's always nice to make something you've never made before, especially when it turns out to be really good! I'm always bookmarking, liking, and pinning recipes I find around the Internet. I think I'm a bit of a recipe hoarder.

    Also, I love the word "crafternoon". Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes life makes it hard to make the blog rounds as often as we would like to. I know how you feel.

      I think the last time was when I was a wee little kid. Really wee little. I bet it would be a fun activity during a picnic though.

      I have a few internet found recipes that are quiet awesome. Maybe I should do a post on some of my favorites. (mostly cookies and baking) I also have several cookbooks that need to be utilized more.

      I can not take credit for crafternoon, but I don't know where I first saw it. It is an awesome word though.

      Delete

Post a Comment