Embarking on My Camp NaNoWriMo Adventure

Camp NaNoWriMo
Image from CampNaNoWriMo.org


    I found it intimidating to start the NaNo project this month.  It was not the fear of a blank page as I have a good idea of what I am writing.  And it wasn't necessarily laziness or not wanting to write.  It seems that it was more a fear of the amount of work that had to be done.  I felt overwhelmed and was stalling.  Not the best choice to solve such a situation as it will only add to the work load.  Yet I think we all do this at least once in our lives.  Put things off to do other menial tasks.  But the only way to fix the problem and make it better is to get started.  And so that is what I did.  It is still very slow going, but it is picking up speed.  Have you had this feeling recently?  


Writing Exercise 


    Write a haiku about something that is on your desk right now.  Don't have a desk?  Find an object in your immediate vicinity.  Write a haiku about it.  

Comments