And with it a fourth installment of 13 seasonal goals. I have had a lot of fun with my goals and I am curious to hear about what you have thought about the 13 week challenge. Have you given it a try? Have you achieved anything you are really proud of? Have you tried something new? Have you created something?
The idea is to not only set and achieve some short term goals, but also to enjoy the currents season. Each season has it's own events and activities. Each person has their own personal view of a season. For some people summer is a time of beaches and pool time. For some people summer is a time for hiking and camping. For others it may be a time to sit back and beat the heat. Which, with the humidity, gets intense in South Texas.
What do you think of when you think of summer? Are there things you haven't tried yet that you'd like to try? How about setting some goals and having some summer themed fun?
|Image from The Graphics Fairy|
The summer solstice is on the 21st of June this year. That is not too far off. It is just 10 days away. The last day of summer is the 22nd of September. That is a full 94 days to fill with fun, adventure, and new experiences.
So if you decide to join in the fun and create a list of your own goals how should you start? I have a list of 8 guidelines to help create a diverse list of goals.
- 1 goal needs to be difficult or personally challenging
- 1 financial goal
- 1 goal needs to benefit someone else (an act of kindness, volunteer work, donation, etc.)
- 1 goal should be something you are doing for the first time.
- 2 or more goals should involve a group or being social. (why not get out with your friends or meet some new people)
- 3 of the goals should be based on the season (What ever summer means to you, go do it)
- 3 goals need to be creative (You don't have to be an amazing artist to do something creative)
- 3 goals need to make you smile. (Choose some goals that make you happy or that will make you proud of yourself)
Does this give you any ideas? I am thinking of finally decorating my bedroom. Or maybe making myself a new dress. I'd love to hear about what you want to do this summer.