Let's Celebrate Muse Day


    Every year on the fifteenth of August I celebrate.  What do I celebrate?  The muse, the genius, that which inspires me.

    For years I had wanted to set aside a day to celebrate the muse.  And for some reason I always gravitated to the same date.  So one year I just decided to do it.

    Often times I would ask other artist and writer friends if they would like to celebrate with me.  This year I am inviting everyone to celebrate what inspires them.

    How do you celebrate?  That is entirely up to you.  It can be different for everyone.  You can make time go admire art that inspires you.  Visit a museum or gallery.  Attend a concert or show.  Visit a park.  You can listen to your favorite music.  You can get together with friends.  You can throw a party.  You can light a candle.  You can create art.  It is all up to you.

    Creativity isn't limited to just the arts though.  Scientists, mathematicians, engineers, or teachers can all be struck with an unexplained moment of inspiration.  Ancient Greece-Roman mythology even has muses for history and astronomy.  So there is certainly no reason to limit the fun.

    Mark your calendars for August the 15.  And on that day celebrate.  Celebrate what inspires you.  Celebrate your work.

Comments