Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 6 - Why I Wear Lolita?



   Hello everyone!  This is my six post for the Lolita 52 Challenge from +Caro Dee's FYeah Lolita.  To see what all 52 questions are go check out +Caro Dee's post.  Each Saturday I will answer one of the questions on the list.  Last week I talked about some of the lovely lolitas I have met in real life.  This week I am talking about number seven, why I wear lolita.  If you'd like to see the rest of my answers they are all listed under the Lolita 52 Challenge tag.

    Because it is just that awesome!  
    But let's take some time to look at it a little more than that.

    I have always had some love of fashion.  It just rarely lined up with the mainstream fashion.  When I found lolita it was love at first sight.  It let's me express my femininity and channels my love for fashion styles of eras past.  Lolita can be cute and elegant and edgy.  It is a versatile fashion even if some people may think differently.  I love to experiment with fashion and lolita gives me lots of opportunities to do this.  I love how bouncy my skirts are.  I love mixing my lolita with other fashions to come up with new looks.

    I also adore how confident I feel when I feel like I am expressing myself through my fashion.  I have gotten all sorts of comments on my fashion.  Both positive and negative.  But if I didn't dress for myself I wouldn't feel comfortable.  And it is hard to feel confident when you are so uncomfortable.  Lolita fashion makes me feel comfortable and beautiful and more importantly lolita fashion makes me feel like me.

    So it comes down to the fact that I wear lolita fashion because I like it.  I wear it because I want to.  I dress for myself and not for anyone else.  That is why I wear lolita fashion.

    What fashions do you wear and why do you wear them?  Do you dress for yourself?

Comments