Taking a vacation can be a great way to open yourself up to new opportunities and the unexpected. I took some vacation last week and I got to do some great things. Some of which will be added to this weeks TiLT post. One of the things I did that I was super excited about was visit the McDonald Observatory. While on the tour we got to see two of the telescopes up close. I got to move the dome on the 107 inch telescope. It was awesome!
There were several things we did on that trip. And several more great things that I have loved from this week.
- Three hour hike in the Davis Mountains State Park
- Finding the perfect spots to rest on our hike
- Meditating in the mountains with my best friend
- Taking a ton of pictures
- Attending an in person star party
- Nerding out to science
- Great music to drive to
- Getting to spend four days with one of my best friends
- Desert flowers
- Seeing how huge a pterodactyl wing is
- Sleeping in my own home. It's always great to come home.
- I attended a great Google+ Hangout hosted by +Amber Henry of The Shiny Happy. It was great fun and I met some cool people. +Anna Gailey and +Stephanie Medeiros
- 8tracks this week include some writing worthy options:
- Leo by emi.upchurch
- Between the Lines by Audreyfan1001
- Focus & Relax - Instrumental by charolivia In the middle of listening to this one but loving it so far.
- Peaceful Mornings by StarwaveImpulse Seriously I don't think I will ever get tired of listening to this one. It always puts me in a positive, happy, cute mood.
- A Photographer Provides an Inside Look at the Stunning World of the Gender Non-Conforming
- Having a cup of tea in the yard and feeding the birds
- How To Live Your Life According To Sloths
- Minori is going to Anime Matsuri next year. That is just one more reason that I have to save up and go to Anime Matsuri.
- Music by Pomplamoose. Their videos are cool to watch. I still love their cover of SEPTEMBER!!! by Earth Wind and Fire.
- Goofy posts on Facebook that are just there to lighten the mood.
When was the last time you went on a vacation? Where did you go and what did you do? Where do you want to go next?