Pages

July 14, 2014

Writing Exercise: About Myself As A Writier

Vintage image of girl and cat plushy in front of typewriter.
Image from The Graphics Fairy

    When I was a teen I used to sit places and write poetry and dream up tales to tell.  I loved to play with words.  I am not sure at what age I started to do this.  I know I didn't start to love reading until I was older than most my friends were when they started to love reading.  The key for me was that I started to love reading when I was finally allowed to read for myself and not forced to read things.  I started to love reading when I didn't have to fill out a report or get up in front of class.  I do not know when I started to make my own stories.  It was likely long before I started to love reading.

    But I also love to write poetry.  It is like painting a picture with words.  it is messy and artistic and I don't think I will ever stop thinking of poetry as a part of myself.  I remember there was a poem I worked on for years.  I still don't consider it complete.  It had to do with the sky and how beautiful I thought it was.  I got some mean comments when I told people how long I had been working on the poem.  It made me feel bad back then.  But now a days I don't much care.  The poem wasn't perfect.  So it wasn't done and I spent a lot of time trying to perfect it.

    I tried when I was a teen to do short stories, but so many of my ideas were just too big to be a short story.  Too many characters and too long of a plot.  Too many ideas all braided together.  I have recently decided to do a short story.  So I'll just have to see how it turns out.  It was inspired by a beautiful piece of art.  That is how inspiration is for me.  A sound, a concept, an image.  Anything can get my mind bubbling with ideas.

Writing Exercise

    For this weeks writing exercise I challenge you to write about your experience with writing.  It doesn't have to be everything you.  Just dive in and see what comes out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...