Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 18 - How I Accessorize


   Hello everyone! ♥  ♥  This is my eighteenth post for the Lolita 52 Challenge created by +Caro Dee of FYeah Lolita.  If you love lolita fashion, go check out the list .  It is plenty of fun to blog about or to use as conversation starters at meet ups.  Each Saturday I will answer one of the questions on the list.  Last week I talked about Bloomers or no bloomers?.  This week I am talking about number twelve two,  How I Accessorize?  If you'd like to see the rest of my answers they are all listed under my Lolita 52 Challenge tag.


    Oh my goodness, how I love accessories.  ♥  Costume pearls, real pearls, feathers, beads, and all the options in the world.  I love to add accessories to outfits.  For my own coords, no coord is finished without the jewelry.  Over all I tend to wear quite a bit.  Accessorizing has always been something I loved.  Sometimes the right accessories are all it takes to take a simple coord to elegant or adventurous.  


Ears

    I have a nice collection of earnings.  I'd have more, but I have some metal allergy.  I have dabbled in the creation of earrings which certainly allows me more options.  I have very few hoops, and many studs & dangles.  One of my dangle earrings I love is Is a piece I mad myself with supplies I just had to do something with when I saw them in the store.  Antiqued looking pieces of oak leaf chain decorated with garnet beads.  One of my other favorite pairs of dangle earrings are a hand me down.  They look like soft purple bunches of grapes.  I have several nice simple studs.  However earrings can sometimes get lost in my hair.  I guess I will have to get it trimmed soon.  Not that that will help when I wear a wig.


Eight rings displayed on a surface.  Four with large flower charms.
I like flowers.  Can you tell?

Fingers

    I have several rings.  Hear are a few of them above.  If I am wearing nothing else I am usually wearing at least two of them.  A silver daisy ring that was given to me by someone who has passed on to the next world rests on my left ring finger.  On my right hand middle finger is a black agate ring that is my asexual pride ring.  Other than that I have a small, but diverse collection of rings to chose from.  Though I never wear a ring on my left pointy finger as it taps against the fingerboard of my violin.  I have also found that good looking kids rings can open up some interesting possibilities.

Wrists

    With the exception of one day hoping to make or buy a long traditional Victorian lace cuff I am not a fan of the lolita wrist cuffs.  They are cute and they can add a nice touch to a coord, but they are not my personal style.  I like bangles and bracelets.  No.  I love bangles and bracelets.  I will often wear several on both wrists.  I have a small growing collection of bangles.  I picked my first two sets up at the Indian festival in Corpus.  I am on the lookout for more.  I'd also like to make some simple beaded bracelets in neutral colors.  They would be easy to wear in or out of lolita that way.

Two pewter necklaces displayed side by side.  On the left a fairy wrapped around a bottle filled with purple glitter.  On the right a cresent moon with a face looking in at a blue tear drop bead.
Here are two of my favorite necklaces. 

Neck

    Chokers, necklaces, and broaches.  There are some interesting options to accessorize on the neck.  I usually decide based off of the neckline of the shirt or dress,  the colors I am wearing that day, and just how I feel.  Two of my favorite necklaces to wear are a pewter moon I got from the Renaissance Festival and a bottle of fairy dust.  I can wear them with almost anything.

Various pins and bows displayed.

Collars & Lapels

    Broaches are very versatile.  They can go on hats, lapels, or at the top of the collar at the base of the neck. They also aren't hard to make.  Just pick up the right glue and some pinbacks from a hobby store.  These are also some things that you can find much easier than you think.  Just drop by a thrift or antique store.  Or even check out art fairs.  Creativity is your friend.

Hats

    While I sometimes wear bows.  You will more often find me in a hat of some kind.  Unless I am on my bike and then I wear my helmet.  It is never fashionable to have your brains splattered across the pavement.  And if you'd like to know more about hats check out my earlier post on my favorite thing to put on my head.  

Bracelets displayed on bottle.
A wine bottle or in this case a sparkling cider bottle
can make a great and decorative place to star and display bracelets.  

    That is just a glimpse at how I accessorize.  Maybe I should do a post in the future showing a few different coords and different ways I might play them up with accessories.  So, how do you accessorize?

Comments