Things I Love Thursday: On a Saturday?



    So I have been working on a project for just over two weeks.  A panel on lolita fashion.  It was crazy and short notice for what I wanted to do.  I have neglected so much since my friend's wedding last month.  I was feeling exhausted and stressed.  But now, the panel is done.  I can relax and focus on my work.  My writing.  My blog.  My art.  My goals.  It is a good feeling.


    When I got home last night I did no work at all.  I changed out of my dress and cleaned off all my make-up.  I then went to the kitchen and prepped my dinner while the oven heated up.  I probably could have started the oven before changing, but That's all fine.  I made bratwurst, corn on  the cob, and a baked potato all in the oven.  I was pleased to find on the internet that all three could be cooked at the same temperature, 350°F.  The corn went in halfway through the hour that the bratwurst and the potato were cooking.  It all tasted great.  When I was growing up we would cook bratwurst in a pan with some water for an hour or so.  I much prefer the ease of leaving it in the oven.  That and the taste was great.

    A friend has been suggesting that I might like the show bones for some time now and I needed something to take a break with from my work Thursday.  I saw a few episodes on Thursday and watched another two last night.  I like it.  A lot.  It was a great way to get my mind off of things and also gave me some time to paint my nails.  I don't think I got a picture of the nails i did for Friday.  I finally put a nail tool I picked up some time ago to good use those.  I used a doter to make little bunches of grapes and then used the small brush end to add leaves.  It was fun and I was pleased with the results.  While I was watching Bones Friday night I painted my nails black and put purple and gold dots on my pointer fingers.  I am going to try to remember to get pictures of them this time and take lots of pictures at the convention the rest of the time I am there.

   I missed a lot this week.  I even forgot to do my TiLT post, I was so busy Thursday.  So today you get a little bit of my life and a list of great tings from the week.



    Well I hope you have a great week and don't forget how important it is to stop and enjoy the little things.  What did you especially love this week?  

Comments