So I have been working on a project for just over two weeks. A panel on lolita fashion. It was crazy and short notice for what I wanted to do. I have neglected so much since my friend's wedding last month. I was feeling exhausted and stressed. But now, the panel is done. I can relax and focus on my work. My writing. My blog. My art. My goals. It is a good feeling.
When I got home last night I did no work at all. I changed out of my dress and cleaned off all my make-up. I then went to the kitchen and prepped my dinner while the oven heated up. I probably could have started the oven before changing, but That's all fine. I made bratwurst, corn on the cob, and a baked potato all in the oven. I was pleased to find on the internet that all three could be cooked at the same temperature, 350°F. The corn went in halfway through the hour that the bratwurst and the potato were cooking. It all tasted great. When I was growing up we would cook bratwurst in a pan with some water for an hour or so. I much prefer the ease of leaving it in the oven. That and the taste was great.
A friend has been suggesting that I might like the show bones for some time now and I needed something to take a break with from my work Thursday. I saw a few episodes on Thursday and watched another two last night. I like it. A lot. It was a great way to get my mind off of things and also gave me some time to paint my nails. I don't think I got a picture of the nails i did for Friday. I finally put a nail tool I picked up some time ago to good use those. I used a doter to make little bunches of grapes and then used the small brush end to add leaves. It was fun and I was pleased with the results. While I was watching Bones Friday night I painted my nails black and put purple and gold dots on my pointer fingers. I am going to try to remember to get pictures of them this time and take lots of pictures at the convention the rest of the time I am there.
I missed a lot this week. I even forgot to do my TiLT post, I was so busy Thursday. So today you get a little bit of my life and a list of great tings from the week.
- Fuzzy kitties and smiling babies
- Finding out +Amanda Palmer is coming to Texas on her book tour
- Finding out one of my best friends will take me to the book signing. Oh Gods I am so excited.
- Finding out I can get the time off to go to the signing. Skweeee!
- Stop waiting to be picked choose yourself by Gala Darling
- Sh*t People Say to Non-Binary Folks by Penicilliumpusher
- I want to bake all the D20s D20 Critical Hit Mini Cake Pan
- This great ramblely post by Amanda Palmer. This is when I found out she was coming to Texas.
- Facebook apologizes to LGBT users, reverses ground on ‘real name’ policy Yay!
- Tried this Random Aesthetic Generator and it knew I wear lolita. Look at what I got → bloody lolita retrofuturist ghoul. What did you get?
- Having a link for a cheat sheet of alt-codes on hand.
- Knowing that I am a darn good thrifter.
Well I hope you have a great week and don't forget how important it is to stop and enjoy the little things. What did you especially love this week?