Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 21 - 5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style


   Hello there! ♥  ♥  This is my twenty first post for the Lolita 52 Challenge created by +Caro Dee of FYeah Lolita.  Which is a great blog to visit whether you are new to lolita or a have been dressing in it for years.  If you love lolita fashion, go check out the list .  It is fun to blog about or to use as conversation starters at meet ups.  Each Saturday I will answer one of the questions on the list.  Last week I talked about 10 Facts About My Lolita Wardrobe.  This week I am talking about number one,  5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style.  If you'd like to see the rest of my answers they are all listed under my Lolita 52 Challenge tag.

A Petticoat

    Let's face it, while not every coordinate or dress may need one, a petticoat is still a serious must have for a lolita's wardrobe.  In addition, while I highly encourage people to explore the skill of thrifting, petticoats are one of those items I will just pay full price for.  There are some great patterns out there for sewing your own petticoat.  Here is one from Sugardale.  Maybe one day I will tackle it myself.  But for now.  That is a lot of fabric.  A lot of ruffling.  And it involves fabrics I have never worked with.  So I buy my petticoats.  
Here are two posts from Caro Dee on petticoats.  

Bloomers

    This one is a must I think, but you don't have to get some fancy bloomers.  Plenty of the girls I know just wear shorts as their bloomers.  For more on bloomers and a great tutorial for making your own (it is a really simple sewing project too) check out my post from last month.  Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 17 - Bloomers or no bloomers?

A Cute Umbrella or Parasol

    This is another one I have talked about recently, but I'd like to make myself clear.  This is something I think you should have in your lolita arsenal.  It is a good idea to have an umbrella for those days that get soggy and even if you are not wearing lolita that day why use a boring umbrella.  Use something that is cute and makes you happy.  Bonus for elegant parasols.  

A Solid Colored Skirt 

    Preferably a neutral or pink.  There are so many great prints and patterns out there.  But a simple solid colored skirt gives you lots of options.  You can do a casual or extravagant coord.  All but one of the coords in this post use my black skirt.


Comfortable Dress Shoes  

    Seriously the whole pain for beauty thing can go die in a fire.  You are going to feel immensely better if you are comfortable.  And there are some great options out there.  It is going to come down to your personal style, foot shape, and size though.  Take care of your feet.  


Comments