I just spent several minutes on the kitchen floor with one of the kitties here in my lap. She was so cudly and soft.
The week was exhausting. I crashed halfway through Wednesday and didn't realize I needed to sleep. I slept so well last night once I did lay down. There was a lot of fun though. There was plenty of stress and annoyances, but it is good to remember the good stuff too.
Here is a funny story. We went looking for the DMV. :D That is always fun. First we went to where Google Maps said it was. All the other offices were there. It made sense. We weren't sure which of the buildings it was in so we were going to ask someone. I figured the sheriff's office would know. The receptionist gave us some directions to the next building. Yay! That was easy. We finally get there. With a stroller in tow we had to go all the way around for the ramp. We got in. I got in line and found out we were at the wrong place. . . .
The lady at the counter gave me some directions that headed out of town. Way out of town. I asked if she had an address so we could use the directions on the phone. She didn't. She had told me it was across from another place so my friend searched that place on her phone. We got the directions. We headed out. It took some time to get to the place. There were some run down buildings across from the cemetery the woman had mentioned. So we continued down the road to see if it was further down. There wasn't much of anything. We locked the doors. The road was coming to a dead end and there we found the training center for fire fighters.
Where the heck is the DMV? We gave up for the day. We couldn't take anymore and neither of us had had breakfast. My friend said it best. "The day got better when we couldn't take it anymore." Bonus we finally found the location of the DMV.
And now for all the sparkly happy things.
- Online games
- Getting to learn a jig on the violin / fiddle
- Thinking of things to save for at Anime Matsuri
- Reading more of Runaways (I may look into getting my hands on one of the other versions when I finish reading this one)
- Taking time to plot
- Riding my bike
- Getting to work with coworkers I love working with
- All the lovely art by Lee Ann Dufour
- Skeletons Hug, Kiss, And Dance Before A Crowd. When They Step Out From The Screen? I'm Smiling.
- Hermit crabs are so neighborly Watch this!
- Michelle Phan has some great advice 5 Ways to Improve Your Self-esteem. She also does wonderful make-up tutorials.
- Mermaid Art!
- Boba Tea!!!!
- Window shopping.
- Watching fish
- Playing with my nephew. He is soooooooo cuddly!!!!! squeeeee
- 5 Hard Lessons About Lolita Fashion
- On Non-Binary Issues: Conversations Inside vs. Outside the Trans Community It has a nice little comic on the subject
- Kickstart Your Creativity By Writing 750 Words a Day
- Lessons From Writing 750 Words a Day for 365 Days
- New foods!
- How To Define Success For Yourself, No Matter What The World Says
- I may use this for one of the shironuri outfits ---> DIY Masquerade Mask: Ice Queen
I am doing GISHWHES again this year. It was so amazing and exciting! You should try it out too.
And that is my list for this week. It is a little after Thursday now, but oh well. How did your week go? Have any adventures or misadventures to share?