Pages

March 17, 2015

Writing Requires Writing

Image from The Graphics Fairy

    It has been too long since I worked on the writing of my novel.  There was a plot issue I had to work through.  But even still I didn't edit.  I think part of it was that the last bit was written so quickly.  I knew that there was going to be so many typos that it may be illegible.  With dyslexia I have to be mindful when I am typing or words end up scrambled.  The other major part would be the fear of starting.  It seems like a weird fear to have to me.   But I finally started back at it.

    I needed to read through a few scenes to see how I handled things.  It turns out the end of the writing is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I really enjoyed editing and reading through it today.  Some of it will need to be moved around as not all of it was put in the proper order.  But I still have much to read through to get back into the flow so I can write.

    I have been taking notes and working parts of the plot out in my mind for a few months now.  I finally feel like I have the order of certain events figured out.  It took too much time though.  I am happy to dip back into the actual writing.  Even though I haven't written much.  I read through some scenes and added sentences and edited spelling.  It was a good start.

    It was also one of my goals this season.  To work on my novel at least one hour each day.  Yeah I failed at that, but I did get some progress done.  I am excited from the little bit I did today.

    Well that is the end of my rambling.  What have you been working on lately?  How is your writing going?

 Tata,
 Lilian

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...