6 Books I Am Reading



    I am usually reading several books at the same time.  After peer pressure from friends I gave it up for several years.  I started to just read one book at a time. Waiting till I had finished it to start a new book.  It was miserable.  It took me over a year to read Dracula.  And I enjoyed that book too.  But you are not always in the mood for the seriousness of Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Sometimes it is nice to read something lighthearted.  Or something filled with excitement.  After I finally finished Dracula I decided to ignore the people who pestered me and read as many books as I wanted.

    At the moment there are six books I am actively reading.

The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch 

    I found out about this book on the episode of Writing Excuses on roguishness.  I had to read the book they mentioned.  I came to find out as I was buying it that there were books that came before it.  However, I had already committed to reading it so I went ahead and started.  I was in love with it on the first page worth of writing.  I already have the first in the series and when I finish this one I will be starting that one.  I hear a forth is coming out and I am supper excited.

Just So Happens by Fumio Obata

    I found this one in the new arrivals at the public library.  It was too enticing looking, so it came home with me.  I am ready to start reading it any day now.

21st Century Wicca by Jennifer Hunter

    This one has a lot of basics.  I found it at the half price when  my friend and I went.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

    A group I am in is reading this book over the summer.  It took me some time to start it, but now I can't wait to read the next three chapters.  (We are reading three chapters a week and talking about them when we meet.)

The Triangle Fire by Leon Stein

    I find the disaster of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire fascinating.  It was a truly horrifying event that highlights why we are so lucky to have the protections for workers that we have today.  I have always wanted to learn more about the event, so when I spotted this book at my friends book store I had to have it.

Radical Self Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dream  by Gala Darling

    I just got this one in the mail last month.  I was so excited to read more from Gala.  So far this book has been great.  It is very much in her own voice.  It was only going to be sold for a limited time so I was quick to jump on it.

My Current Reads on GoodReads

    Reading is so much fun.  It can be relaxing.  It can let you escape from reality for a bit.  It can teach you new things.  Reading can be exciting and even exhausting.  And even then it can still be fun and worth the effort.

    So, how do you feel about reading? And what are you reading?

Comments