Things I Love Thursday: Nomato


    Anyone who has to deal with a food allergy can tell you that food can be a stressful thing.  I have an allergy to tomatoes.  Just take a moment to imagine all the foods that that is in.

    Yes of course there is pizza and spaghetti, but you may be surprised to learn that the are many soups, salad dressings and even chips I have to avoid even touching.  Food is a big stresser for me.

    However, my room mate and I learned about a thing called nomato.  My room mate is the most awesome person in the whole world.  She made some nomato in the slow cooker and then used it in place of tomatoes in some of her recipes to see if it worked well and so I could eat them.

    The results are in.  Her chili and her gumbo are awesome!!!! I was so happy and they were so tasty!
    I hope your week is going well.  Let me know about it in the comments.  

 Lilian 

Comments