January Favorites 2016

A vintage color image of a bunch of morning glories on a beige background.
Image from The Graphics Fairy


    We are one month into 2016.  We are one month into 2016!  How has all this time passed.  And yet part of me feels like the time has slowly.  

    I have done some work on my goals.  It has mostly been an effort this month to do research and to work toward a balance in the different things I am doing for work now.  There has been more than a few days where I feel like I didn't do anything that day, but when I actually think about the things I worked on I did quite a bit of work.

   One thing I am proud to say is done is quite a bit of the work for starting my business Fairy Oasis.  I have my DBA.  I have social media set up.  there is still lots of work to do, but for the moment I can be happy for what I have done.

    So what are some of the things I have been over the moon for this month?

Photograph of loose tea on a clear counter top.  Image in top corner shows the lid with label and ingredients.  Dark chocolate peppermint.   Puerh, cacao, peppercorn, peppermint.   Other words on rest of image say: Delicious! Smooth! Grab a cup at Lotus Dreams Tea!

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Tea 

    It is so smooth and delicious.  It tastes great black or with cream.  It just depends on how you like it.  I have had it about four times now at the tea house, Lotus Dreams Tea.  It is such a wonderful place to visit.  The back room is a small haven of pillows and drapes.  If you are in Corpus Christi, TX and you enjoy tea or Moroccan food give Lotus Dreams Tea a visit.

Image of cat sleeping.  Image is altered to look like a Polaroid with the words, "What a sleepy ball of fur."  and a smiley face written on the bottom.

Animal Cuddles 

    I got at least a solid week of one or another of the household pets sleeping with me.  So cuddly and nice.  One of them in particular slept in my room so much that I had to put the baby gate up so she could get in and out, but my nephew couldn't.

Memory Jar 

    I used a memory jar for 2013 and 2014 to record happy occasions.  I just sort of forgot to do it in 2015.  I already have several pieces of paper in my jar this year.  It isn't too late either to get started on your own.  You can pick up a jar from the thrift store or reuse a container.  I suggest making it pretty.  I am going to add in little charms.

My New Tablet 

    The tablet was almost a surprise.  I received some money for Christmas that I wasn't expecting.  We were stopping by Office Depot to get some pens and highlighters.  Among looking at all the wonderful office supplies.  Yes I am a nerd for office supplies.  I love them.  I had been looking into getting a tablet do to having trouble reading with dyslexia.  So we were just going to look at them.  They were on serious sale.  It was the week after Christmas.  I was starting to really fancy one of them and I was thinking about how much easier having Talkbalk would make things.  Plus there were a few other things I wasn't able to do without a device.  It was then that it dawned on me.  I had set the money aside so that I could chose what to use it on.  this was one of those things.

    My room mate and I asked about the return policy.  It wasn't going to do any good if I couldn't get the apps I needed on it.  Which is why I wanted an android and not a windows system.  My last phone was a windows phone.  It was a nice phone but the app selection was abysmal.  It works though and I have kept it.  I have even gotten some books on it that I can either read myself or use Talkback to read.

    I also have a couple audio books.  It makes it so much easier.  Especially since if I am sick my dyslexia is bad enough that I can't read at all. So yeah I have some much needed accessibility.  I need to be able to get access to school books with accessibility, but we are working on that.



    Other than the added accessibility it gives me there are several things I have really enjoyed with this tablet.  Neko Atsume!!! So cute.  So simple.  And it doesn't take up a whole lot of time.  Instagram♥ Being able to essentially call my best friend with google hangouts from my bedroom.    Work on the go.  Among several other things.

Delicious!
Smooth!

Comments