New Years Goals and Other things this January

Vintage image of decorative metal ice bucket with a bottle of champagne in it and a glass of campaign on the side.  All of this sitting on a wooden cutting board with roses placed decoratively.
Image from thegraphicsfairy.com

    Happy New Years everyone!!  How did 2015 treat you?  What are you hoping for in 2016?  Goals?  Challenges?  Or are you just hoping to make it all the way through the year?  Whatever your outlook on resolutions and New Years let me know.

    For me 2015 was a mix of good and bad.  There were a lot of really undesirable events and situations.  But I also got a lot of new opportunities this past year and some of the bad things made good things suddenly available.  In 2016 I want to take advantage of the situations good and bad and make a way for myself.

    So what am I gonna do this year?  I want to write more, create more, and learn more!   I lost my day job, so there is no way that the unreasonable scheduling there will steal my time and health anymore.  But it also means my finances are far less reliable than they were last year and last year they were bad.  I do have a place to stay and for that I am incredibly grateful.  So I am going to work on making money through my art.

    That will guide a lot of my goals this year.  By the end of the year I would like to be making enough or close to enough money to support myself.  So that means prioritizing my art as though it is my day to day job.  It is almost relaxing, the fact that I can say this is what I do now means I can't listen to people try to tell me it isn't important or a waste of time.  I have worked on that in the past, but this feels far stronger an argument in the face of negative people.

So what is happening in January?  

    According to Holiday Insights January is:

  • National Bath Safety Month
  • National Blood Donor Month
  • National Braille Literacy Month
  • National Hobby Month
  • Hot Tea Month
  • National Oatmeal Month
  • National Soup Month
    The 13th is "Make Your Dream Come True Day" & the 29th is National Puzzle Day.  For more holidays and odd celebrations in January from Holiday Insights go here.  

Astronomy?  Yes please!  

    The 3rd and the 4th should give a decent view of Quadrantids Meteor Shower.  The moon will block out the dimmer meteors, but if you stick with it you should be able to spot a few.  

    "Five planets adorn January’s morning sky. . ."  Astronomy Magazine 

    I want to get back into the astronomy communities and get my knowledge up.  So I will be finding a lot more info in future months to share with you.  Here is a really great space to watch for informative videos on astronomy, what is happening in the field, and other great info!  Fraser Cain 

Challenges and other stuff! 

    I love using pinterest to find stuff.  IT may not be the fastest or most efficient in some cases, but if you want to find something new it is a great resource.  Here is a pinterest search to give some ideas for challenges this month.  And if you are in to writing try this search.  


Vintage drawing of an engineering compass.
Image from thegraphicsfairy.com

Goals of 2016!! 

    Here are some of my goals this year.  
  • Raise more hell.
  • Learn all the things I want to learn.
  • Write as much as I possibly can as well as I possibly can. 
  • Finish my novel. 
  • Sell my art and creations. 
    I am still thinking through what each of these means to me.  Also they are not the only goals, but they are here.  Out in the open.  What are your major goals for the year?  Are you still thinking of them?  Or if you know what they are, do you know what your next step is?  

So what am I going to try this month?  

    My room mate and I want to finish KonMari-ing the house before this year ends.  So I'd like to get a whole bunch of of it done in January.  I have already identified an area we will try to clear through this week.    
    I want to get back into the habit of studying and I now have some resources that will help me with that.  I'd also like to do more reading.  With this tablet and how accessible it make information I am excited to see how much I can do.  

    My room mate and I stopped by Good Will yesterday and found several items we could use with or mod for steam-punk.  I want more steam-punk in my life.  But I know I also want more pictures of my character Zazzle.  So we are gonna see if we can get a photo shoot of the whole crew.  Not that there are many of us. lol
 
    
This is me as Zazzle.  They pronouns.  
        Alright here are one of the big ones for this month.  I want to get all the licences and registrations I need to sell art.  I'd also like to get an etsy shop or something similar going.  I also need to put my math skills to work along with the study I have put into learning basic small business book keeping and accounting.  I got to keep all this stuff straight.  The great thing for my confidence is that I am a math and physics major.  Math doesn't scare me.  

    And last but certainly not least.  I want to see my two BFFs.  I got to see them both in November, but I need to see them again.  Two of us need to see the rest of Firefly.  The series is amazing, but I can't finish it with out my BFF it would be like cheating.  

13 Winter Goals

    So, has anyone set goals for winter?  I love goals and trying things if you can't tell.  I am still thinking of what I will be doing in winter exactly.  I have a few goals set and worked on though.  

    Well That is all for today.  I am excited to hear from you all.  

 Tata,
 Lilian, who is sometimes Zazzle when they are all steam punked.  Don't worry I'll get more pictures.  

Comments