Things I Love Thursday: Goodbye Maya

A collection of items arranged as a collage on a small wooden table.  Words written on cut out white paper reads: Things I Love Thursday.  Assorted items in collage include: A mint and white teacup and saucer filled with crystal stones, a quartz pendulum, and a plastic macaroon.  A walnut, two (2) red hearts, a snail wearing a black beret, two (2) strands of stone beads (purple fluorite and green aventurine), a bottle of purple nail polish, a pink rose, a silver colored seven pointed star candle holder, a small tan tea pot, a note pad in summery colors with the image of a popsicle on it, and a decorative pen.


    Last night I found out about the death of Maya Young.  It never stops being painful and depressing to see that another transwoman has been murdered.  I pray that we can find a way to stop these atrocities.  I hope that we can bring an end to all the hate and aggression and even the micro aggression flung at trans-people.   Rest in peace Maya Young.  I hope your family and friends have all the support they need during this difficult time.

    It feels awkward to do a TiLT post following such a terrible event, but I know that they help me keep from losing hope.  I hope they can do the same for you.

  • Tea
  • kitties
  • miniature things 
  • photos and experiments with 1:12 and 1:6 scale tea sets 
  • Crash Course - World History  
  • My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
  • Supportive friends 
  • A safe place to live and sleep
  • A chance to put serious effort into the work I love  
 
    I will leave you with just those today.  I hope that we can make some kind of change that will make the world a safer place for trans-people and all LBGTQA+ persons.  

 Tata,
 Lilian

Comments