Pages

April 21, 2016

Things I Love Thursday: Rose Thorns

A collection of items arranged as a collage on a small wooden table.  Words written on cut out white paper reads: Things I Love Thursday.  Assorted items in collage include: A mint and white teacup and saucer filled with crystal stones, a quartz pendulum, and a plastic macaroon.  A walnut, two (2) red hearts, a snail wearing a black beret, two (2) strands of stone beads (purple fluorite and green aventurine), a bottle of purple nail polish, a pink rose, a silver colored seven pointed star candle holder, a small tan tea pot, a note pad in summery colors with the image of a popsicle on it, and a decorative pen.

    Through out much of my life I always had a sense that I wanted to work with my hands.  Not the same feelings as I had for math and science, but a quiet pull.  I am happy to say that I now work with my hands.  I got the great opportunity this past weekend to sell at a larger venue than I usually do and I had a great time and sold several items.  I haven't done a lot with clay since Saturday since I had some other projects to work on and the fact that I was super tuckered out.  But I did make one thing this week.  I made it because I just couldn't keep the idea in my head.  I had to try it out.  

    I made a wand with polymer clay and a branch from the rose bush.  It is both beautiful and intimidating.  It has been a good week.  So here is my list.

  • Neko Atsume
  • Kitties that sit in my lap and sleep on my bed.  
  • Tea
  • ASMR videos.  So relaxing if you find ones that work for you.  
  • Nice smells
  • Talking about books
  • Fonts for people with dyslexia.  It helps me.  It isn't perfect.  But it helps.  
  • Tomato free chili. 
  • Browsing the craft store.  
  • Chatting with people.  
  • Naps 
  • Meditation balls 
  • Homemade sushi and low key dinner parties.  
  • Music. Especially, Amanda Palmer, Unwoman, Thrice, and FloBots.  
    Well that is all I can think of that I haven't already mentioned throughout the week.  I hope your week has also been fantastic.  If it has or even if it hasn't been tell us about it in the comments.  

 Tata,
 Lilian 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...