I have been doing a lot of different things I was starting to feel like I hadn't done a snail in forever. So I set aside some time to sculpt some snails out of polymer clay. I am really happy with the results.
I also finally got to trying out the resin casting. Though I still have to wait before releasing the little gems from the silicone mold. It has felt productive on many fronts of my life this week and for me that always makes things more feasible.
- Being able to supplement my hearing with lip reading.
- I have gotta read this comic. A Black princess who saves herself and exposes princess culture? Kids and adults say “Yes!”
- This site has helped me identify so many trees.
- I want to learn more about this thing they are doing or did in Portland Oregon with some of the water pipes. Portland Now Generates Electricity From Turbines Installed In City Water Pipes
- This Tumblr post about magic healing is pretty cool and may be a little creepy.
- The soap stone unicorn from the rock and gem show. My new creativity / muse totem.
- Resin casting and all the awesome tutorials out there. Thanks y'all!
- Playing with snails.
- Successful research trips.
- Dancing. Freshly laundered bedding. so cozy.
I also watched the last of season 2 of Kamisama Kiss. I need to get my hands on the manga. I have read a lot of it; past where the anime has left off. But that was a couple years ago and I really want to own it now that it is licensed.
How is your week going?