Things I Love Thursday: A Week of Experiments

A collection of items arranged as a collage on a small wooden table.  Words written on cut out white paper reads: Things I Love Thursday.  Assorted items in collage include: A mint and white teacup and saucer filled with crystal stones, a quartz pendulum, and a plastic macaroon.  A walnut, two (2) red hearts, a snail wearing a black beret, two (2) strands of stone beads (purple fluorite and green aventurine), a bottle of purple nail polish, a pink rose, a silver colored seven pointed star candle holder, a small tan tea pot, a note pad in summery colors with the image of a popsicle on it, and a decorative pen.

    The news has been . . . mournful and frustrating.  I don't have enough energy for it all.  I have had some bad days this week with my depression and I am trying to keep my spirits up.

    This is something gratitude list can really help with.  these are the times when if you are losing hope you can go to them, if you keep them, and remind yourself that there are little sparkles in the darkness.  It can help.

    So here are some of my sparkles of joy.
  • We will be picking one of my best friends up today and she will be spending the weekend with us at the home.  There will be cuddling.
  • We as a household will be going to see our house mate in the play she is a part of.  
  • I have been loving Elf Quest, which is our summer reading for our . . . multi faith spiritual group.  It is complicated.  But the book is fantastic!!!! 
  • Star shaped glitter.  
  • Trying new things.  
  • More little resin gems.  
  • Attempting to make silicone molds.  Dear gods it was sticky.  
  • Clean sheets and good sleep.  
  • Fewer nightmares or at least they aren't disturbing my sleep.  
  • Wearing my flower crown outside the house.  I almost forget it is there, much like my hats.  
  • A friend shared this to me.  Why Dressing Up is the Secret to Happiness 
  • It's time to go home! on 8tracks.com 
  • All the science.  Astronomy Cast Ep. 416: Fireballs from the Sky! 
  • I want to wear a flapper dress again so bad.  All Neutral Dress Let Bygones be Icons Dress
  • Oregon court rules that ‘nonbinary’ is a legal gender This is a step!! Let's keep going! 
  • THIS!! This 404 page is the best.  Go to it and move your mouse around.  I love it!!
    Wherever you are I hope you are safe and have supportive people around you.  Best wishes and don't forget to notice the happy things.   

  Tata, 
Lilian A. Brennan


Comments