Lessons In Baking: Read the Comments

    Okay folks.  Story time with pictures.

    So my friend spotted a muffin recipe on Facebook and thought I'd like it.  The ingredients sounded tasty.  Bananas, quick oats, wheat flour, honey.  mmmm

    The annoying part is that we kept being short one ingredient or another when I was hoping to make them. So I finally got to make them this morning.  Here is what they looked like going into the oven.

Batter in an orange silicone muffin pan ready to go into the oven.


   And here is how they looked after the oven.

An image of cooked muffins that never rose and never turned golden brown and delicious.

    Yeah that is not what they looked like in the video I watched.  Nope.  Not even close.

    They were dense which could have been fine, but they also had no flavor.  And then some were even wet on the bottoms.  ew

    And as such,

A bowl of raisin brand cereal.

    Cereal! Breakfast of failure!

    I went back to that recipe and started scrutinizing it.  Which I should have done when I first looked at it.  No leavening agents, no salt, no sugar.  And three eggs.  That is a lot of egg.

    Then I went down to the comments.  Yeah.  I should have looked at the comments before trying it.

    Today's lesson in baking.  Always check the comments.

 Tata,
Lilian A. Brennan

Comments