September Goals & Try-Its

A simple blue triangle with a purple outline.  In purple the words, "Goals and try its" is written over the triangle.
    Due to traveling and other factors I didn't really set goals last month.  I feel like I wasn't as focused as I'd like to have been.  Clear goals may have helped me to keep on track.  But that is okay.  I have goals for September.  A basket of frogs that need eating.

    Most of my goals for the month can be summed up in one word.  Writing.  My novel has gotten cold and I have been reluctant to get back to it.  The first step back can be hard when you let a habit go cold.  I need to get everything I need together and just jump right in.  I have a goal of how much of the story I want to cover, though that is difficult to convey to others.  It is not a measurement of words or chapters, but simply a set time period in the story.  

    I also want to write plenty here on the blog.  I have several things started and just not finished.  It is a bad habit I want to work on.  I also want to talk more about what I am reading and other activities.  For a measurable goal I think I will go with 14 posts.

    And more writing goals.  I have first draft poems everywhere.  I am not kidding they are everywhere.  On my desktop as notepad documents.  On google drive.  On napkins.  In folders.  I need to round up a bunch of them and start editing them.  I think by the end of the month I'd like to have finished at least 20 of them.

    As for non-writing goals, I want to get right back into studying again.  The subjects I will be covering are Esperanto, math, astronomy, and the violin.  I thought about cutting a subject or two.  However, after looking at the time it should take if I stay to the task and don't get distracted I should be able to do all four.

    I'd also like to create and sell more of my art.  That comes down to time management and work on my part.  It doesn't mean I will sell more.  That part is not entirely under my control.  Putting in the work certainly doesn't hurt my chances though.  The part I can control though is how much and how well I create.

    Those are my goals this month.  Those are the things I am going to try to achieve.  How about you?  What are your goals for September?  Or are you carrying over a goal from August or even earlier?

 Tata,
Lilian A. Brennan


Comments