Gratitude list have made a big difference in my disposition. Depression is something I have dealt with since childhood. Being grateful is not going to fix that, but it is one tool you can use to get better control in your life.
In my experience taking not of things that make me happy, no matter how small or how often it is the same thing, helps me to not forget that there are good things in this would. People can tell us all the time that there are good things. But our brains have a tendency to remember all the negative and forget the good. The negativity and the bad stuff is almost like a fog that tries to conceal the good and the happy.
By actively taking time to remember the good things we are building a habit that can help us cut through that dismal fog like a hot knife through butter.
I find that writing down the items and occurrences that bring me joy works best for me. I don't always remember things at the end of the week. It also means if the week gets stressful I have a list to look at on the fly.
And speaking of which here is this weeks gratitude list.
- Neko Atsume and Dots
- Music to work to.
- This weeks 8tracks are:
- Good tea.
- Chatting with friends.
- The Orders to Monogatari I enjoyed the first season and I'd like to know where to go next.
- All the books I can read and not having to be as mindful about spoons with it. Yay for accessible books.
- Astronomy and magnatars. Magnatars are scary, but cool.
- Look at these backpacks. I want one. They look like you have wings!
- Robot Hugs - Domestication
- OH My Gods look at this really cool body paint on this Kickstarter and tell me it won't be great for cosplay, shironuri, and basically any of your body painting needs. Body Color Cosmetics by Tiffany Beckler
So here is my question for you. What have you enjoyed this week or even this month? Was there a really cute comic you read? Did someone smile at you? Was the weather perfect? Anything. Let me know in the comments. Or if you don't want to share I still implore you to take note of the good stuff in your life. It can make a noticeable difference.