Things I Love Thursday: A Year in Review 2017

[Image description]  Words reading "Things I Love Thursday," in three slightly offset layers each in a different color.  Light purple, cream, and brown.
    This year has been stunted, temperamental, and difficult to plan for; filled with melancholy, disappointment, and fear.  I did a great amount of waiting on others for administrative work.  I had to leave my home for weather and then come back to clean up.  My depression and my anxiety have not been assets this year.  This summer one of the opportunities I had dearly hoped for shattered.  But out of it I have gained a new goal, because things should be accessible.  So that is a silver lining.  As for having to leave home to get away from the hurricane I got to meet someone I have a lot in common with and trade recipes and favorite teas.


    The end of the year has had several opportunities to sell my little creations.  My health has still made that trying, but I was so happy to have the opportunities.  And I got to try the tastiest macaron.  Plus more chances to talk shop with people.

    We even got a snow day! Speaking of which I need to go through the photos I took that day.  This year my friends and support system have been very important to me as my health has taken an inconvenient turn.  I do not know what I would have done without them.  Not to mention friends and networking is how I was able to sell so much this year.  I am hopping for an even better year on that front next year.  Planning and prepping ahead of time might make that more possible.

    I am looking forward to the new year.  I am looking forward to a new start, a fresh breath of air, and new adventures.  But this year even through the pain and the weakness has given me some delights.

    I have gotten into a handful of shows that I have really enjoyed.

  • Steven Universe
  • Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir 
  • The Worst Witch (TV 2017-)  
    I also saw: 
  • More My Little Pony
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi 
    I also got to read a good bit.  Until my tablet's screen stopped functioning.  Luckily having had warranty on it I have a new one on the way.  But this has left me with a lack of efficient reading for almost 3 months.  I will be very happy to have that accessibility back, though it may take some time to adjust to.  

    How has your year gone?  Are you looking forward to next year?  

Lilian A. Brennan 

Comments