Doing Things For Our Own Pleasure

[Image Description] Vintage image of a branch of a pink rose bush with three blossoms and several leaves.
Image from The Graphics Fairy

   Today for the first time in over six months I put on perfume. My lovely Kashmir rose. I’m not going anywhere and I am the only one here today. So you know why I put it on? 

   Because I wanted to. 

   Because it smells nice. 

   I put it on for me. 


   Plenty of us wear makeup, pretty clothes, and perfumes for our own pleasure. 

   But people also wear them because they are expected to. 

   Because they won’t be treated well if they don’t. 

   Because work requires it of them. 


   I hope we can all have more moments like I had today. Moments where the only reason we don these beauty items is for our own pleasure and our own tastes.  

   As much or as little of the things that make use feel pretty, handsome, or cute. 


[Image Description] Vintage image of a young woman in a long teal dress laying in a hammock. Woman is holding a bouquet of flowers and a paper parasol.
Image from Antique Images

Comments

  1. I love doing this as well. Especially with clothes. I'm very much into fashion and putting together outfits, but my clothing collection isn't very big. I loooove thrifting! I need to do more of that when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thrifting is the best. I miss it. such unique and interesting finds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment