Sometimes Life Makes it Easy to Make the Right Choice

[Image Description] Photo of a white tea mug
on a plate and a red rose in a plastic cup.  

    I love playing The Sims.  I started with the Sims 2 and got the Sims 3 as soon as it came out.  And I have had to remove it from my computer in the past, because it was taking up too much of my time.  It has occasionally become more of an addiction than a pastime.  With anxiety and depression it is easy for me to get enjoyment out of making little goals and striving to achieve them in a world I have a lot of control over.  But I always eventually come to this feeling or thought process of questioning the value of those achievements.  Reaching those goals in a game does nothing to push forward my own goals and dreams. 

    I have been playing a lot of the Sims 3 lately, even when I don't really want to.  I have also been noticing more and more glitches.  Sims continuing to walk in place even after they have stopped.  More sims needing to be reset.  Sims glitching through walls.  The most amusing is still these books that  float randomly along the ground as if they have a mind of their own. 

    On my legacy game I had a sim that fulfilled their lifetime wish only to have it not activate as so and then another sim achieve theirs even though they were still only half way through the requirements for it.  I was starting to lose all interest in playing and started a new game.  It just got worse from there. 

    I had been noticing that they were learning skills much faster than normal.  I had thought it was all in my head, but on this new game it was very obviously true.   Then they started to not be able to walk across areas of clear floor and when I went in to build/buy mode I couldn't remove that floor because something was on it even though nothing was there.  It was starting to become unplayable.  And then my sims started achieving their regular goals without doing anything.  If there is no challenge to a game I tend to lose interest in it.  That is what happened with WOW.  It got too easy.  And this really cinched it.  I closed the game and decided to delete the shortcut on the desktop.  The game is still there I haven't deleted it entirely, but I will have to work to find it and that will give me time to decide if I really want to play it rather than just hitting a button on a whim. 

    I am hoping to spend more time on other hobbies that are more productive as well as learning more.  But isn't it funny how sometimes life really makes it easy to make the right choice for ourselves. 

      Till later,
      Lilian

Comments