My First taste of Crocheting

[Image Description] Rose tinted glasses, yarn and a crochet hook with some stitches sitting on top an instructional book.


    So I took my first crack at learning to crochet yesterday.  One piece of instruction took a little bit of time and patience to understand.  But most of what I studied was fairly easy to absorb and replicate.  It was fun, relaxing.  My mind was quiet as I focused.  I often have trouble with stressful thoughts that quickly spiral out of control.  I can see this being something to do to meditate.  I kind of hope it stays that way.  It might just be because I have to focus so much as a beginner.  I hope not.  I really do hope this is an activity I can use in the future to quiet my mind. 

    Have you tried crocheting?  If so do you have any advice for a beginner?  Or are there any activities you do that help you relax? 

Tata,
Lilian A. Brennan

Comments