Spoonie Problems: Fatigue and Sleep

    So I have been having some unpredictable sleep patterns for a while now and today I only woke up with a lot of effort at 4:30 in the afternoon.  It is annoying and frustrating.  It also means that my meal times and my medicine get thrown completely out of sync.  This is not an uncommon issue for me.  This makes making plans very difficult and frustrating. 

    I think one of the other parts that is very frustrating is when people tell me, "I wish I could sleep that long," and don't pay attention to the fact that I can't wake up.  It is not as though I want to sleep that long.  Sometimes I am desperately trying to wake up and can't or if I do manage to wake I can't move sections of or most of my body. 

    Even when people are sympathetic I worry that they will get tired of me and turn on me eventually. 

    I am fairly certain that it is caused by my anemia, but what is causing that is uncertain.  So the best I can do for now is take iron and make sure there is a lot of iron and vitamin C in my diet.  Are there any other spoonies out there who have this problem?  How are you dealing with it? 

    I am trying to write and blog more this month with the September Blogfest challenge.  Check out Kick in the Creatives for other challenges. 

-Lilian A. Brennan 

Comments