My April 2019 Reading List

 
A flat lay of six books on a blue background.
     I've been looking at what I want to do for my goals this month and lining them up with my goals for the year.  One of those year goals is to read 12 books.  I've been reading, but not really finishing anything.  And not reading as often as I'd like.  So I made a list of books I want to read this month. 

"The Magic of Tidying Up" & "Spark Joy" by Marie Kondo
    Both of these are books I have already read.  However, I never finished my tidying festival. (for various reasons)  As such I have started over.  A refresher of the method as well as inspiration to spur me forward in my quest is the goal of reading these two.  I am hoping to finish both this month. 

The Worst Witch and the Wishing Star by Jill Murphy
    I really loved the movie The Worst Witch when I was a kid.  As an adult I found out it was a book series and have been working my way through it since.  They are fun and easy reads.  This will be the seventh book in the series.  Just the other day I found out Jill Murphy published another one last year.  So I'll be keeping my eyes out for that one. 

The Pipe and the Pen: Remembering Our Original Instructions by Larry Running Turtle Salazar & Pamela Two Spirits Reader
    Larry Running Turtle is local and I purchased this book from him and his family at the trade center.  The little I have read so far is interesting and I look forward to reading more.  I don't think I will get all the way through by the end of the month, but I do want to make sure I am making steady progress. 

Basic Witches by Jaya Saxena and Jess Zimmerman
    I remember seeing this book recommended somewhere, but for the life of me I don't remember where.  I started reading some time ago and I am about a third the way through.  This book talks about magic in a way that encourages you to channel the concept of mind over matter.  I think that is well work a look whether you believe in magic or not. 

Good Clean Fun by Nick Offerman
    I found this book at the library yesterday and I couldn't help but to pick it up.  I might not finish it, but I certainly look forward to reading it. 


A shelf of classical books.

    I am not one for only reading a single book at a time.  I prefer to keep a small variety, though I do tend to avoid reading books in the same genre at the same time.  Since I love how to books and other non-fictions this isn't difficult. 

    What are you reading this month?  Have you read any of these?

Lilian A. Brennan

Comments