Things I Love Thursday: Being Awake

Light purple colored background with sand and green aquamarine dots.  Text in darker purple reads Things I Love Thursday.

    For several weeks I have been having difficulty with my sleep.  I do not know when I will be asleep or awake and it has made scheduling and getting work done difficult.  It is nice when I am awake and coherent, but there is just so much to do.  I think that last part, the so much to do, is a thing many people can relate to.  In that spirit best of luck to all of us.

    As I have missed a couple of weeks here are some of the things I have loved in the last few weeks.
  • Succeeding at a new hot cross buns recipe and sculpting a turtle shaped bun.   
  • Minecraft adventures. 
  • Having a cleanish desk.  Working at the mess bit by bit.  
  • Critical Role
  • Talking to people at markets.  
  • Having a silly tea party for April Fools.  
  • Candles
  • Practical Magic.  Saw it for the first time and I really want to watch it again.  Maybe I'll even read the book.  
  • Captain Marvel 
  • All the epic music in Captain Marvel
  • and Goose. ;) 
  • Seeing flowers everywhere. 
  • Detail work
  • Meditation 
  • ASMR to help get my brain to turn off.  
  • World building with math and science.  
  • Really helpful library staff and having the option of using a wheelchair at the library.  




    One thing I am really excited about is the work I got done yesterday.  I managed to stay awake and get in two 5-hour sessions of making.  I am extremely overjoyed with my new creations.  A pair of polymer clay miniature scenes.  I was wiped when I finished though, so I haven't gotten good photos of them after curing (baking).  You can see some of the sneak peeks and details on my Fairy Oasis Instagram.  After there is sufficient sunlight I will be taking some photos of the completed pieces.

    I hope you are all well and that you can do the things you want. Is there anything that has been bringing you joy lately?

Lilian A. Brennan

Comments