February 2020

 [image description] Tree bearing pink flowers against a cloudy blue sky.

    Welcome to February.  I have a lot of plans and I am hoping I can keep up with them.  I have set up goals and habits.  I feel like I am doing pretty good too.  Or at least good for me.  I know I have heard people talking about how January was a really long year.  And I just didn't have that experience.  I definitely had my set backs.  I am a spoonie.  I did get really sick, but that is par for the course.

    My depression though has been very under control.  I feel far more capable than I have in years.  And that is probably why I have had a much better January than other people I have heard from.  How did January treat you?  How are the 20's treating you?
[image description] Purple and blue triangle badge that reads, Goals & Try-its.

February Goals

     Let's talk about some goals!

    I have some other posts I have been working on on bigger picture goals, but here is some of what I want to do this month.

Meditate

    I used to meditate daily.  It was amazing for me.  But there were some really bad things that led to that habit dwindling out.  I have taken the time to work through those issues and I think meditation would really help me achieve my goals and enjoy life better.

Clean my Room

    Clutter.  Clutter.  Clutter.

    I have, probably, too much stuff and not a place for everything.  And this is continuously an issue that holds me back in other areas.  I want to get this under control.  I may need to purge more stuff to do that though.  We'll see.

Listen to 30 hours of Esperanto

    One of my year goals is to get my Esperanto to a conversational level.  So, I need to start listening to it and using it more.  Are you learning any languages?

Do 3 Art Projects

    I am in the middle of an art project right now.  I want to finish it and do at least two others this month.  Art is fun and makes me feel alive.  I also really want to start actively doing room boxes.  I have one that has been in an out of hiatus.  I need to do some more testing on how to do the floor.  I think I know what method is going to work best now based off my previous experiments.

[image description]  Vintage line art drawing of a girl in period clothing sitting at a table writing with a pen.
Image from The Graphics Fairy

Letters and Parcels and Mail, Oh My!  

    It is that time again.  February.  The Month of Letters!!

    Get out your pens, your stationary.  Stickers and paint.  Washi tape.  Wax seals.  It is time to send some good old fashioned snail mail and spread some joy!  We're already a few days in, but there is plenty of time left to find a new pen pal.  Or make some time to write an old friend. 

    I'd  really like to try some new things with this.  Like the Regency style letter.  I also want to experiment more with paints.  It should be a lot of fun.  If you'd like a pen pal just check it out.  There are plenty of us on there.  You can find me there as @theravenlilian.

More in February

    If you are looking for more out of your February remember that it is Black History Month.  So check for local events as well as things online.  Maybe see if a museum near you is having special exhibits or events.  

    You can find some artistic challenges on Kick in the Creatives.  If you are more into writing check this list of timed writing challenges.  No matter what you are interested in I am sure you can find something out there to challenge yourself.  And if you can't.  Go out and make your own.  All these challenges had to start somewhere.  

    If you are in the US, primaries are getting into full swing.  The early voting starts this month in Texas.  Hopefully I will have some time to write more about voting and accessibility.  So check to see if you are registered and find out when voting starts.  My tip is to search your county name and "voting".  You should get some useful results.  The sooner you know what all will be on the ballot the sooner you can do your research and make your decisions.  

    Good luck with 2020!  Let's all make it the best year ever.  See you soon.  

[image description] Lilian dressed in shironuri and steampunk as their steampunk character Zazzle sitting on the back of a couch leaned forward smiling slyly.
Till next time, 
Lilian

Comments