Working To, But Not Past Satisfaction

A vintage silhouette of a Lady Artist on a stool, with her Paintbrush, Palette and Canvas. Grass along the bottom of the image and an 11 petaled flower behind the easel of the canvas.
Image from The Graphics Fairy

I get this feeling sometimes when I am writing or doing art.

Almost like a fullness.  A satisfaction that I should not keep working past.

So in essence very much like a fullness.

It never does us any good to eat past being full.

And I find that it gets difficult to work past this point without taking a break.

Not like trying to work through a rut or past a problem.

But rather like I have done a good bit of work and now I will just get tired and make mistakes.

I find it a good place to rest and walk away and do something else.

Comments