Things I Love Thursday: An Experiment Gone Well

[Image Description] Light purple colored background with sand and green aquamarine dots.  Text in darker purple reads Things I Love Thursday.

    In May I gave myself a challenge.  To post every single day.  I didn't manage to do that.  However I did post about as much as I did in my first year and a half of blogging.  And I can tell you why.  
 
    I made a sort of guideline for May.  I would post whatever I wanted.  Any time I felt like writing something for the blog I just did.  And I followed the "done is better than perfect" idea.  A lot of ideas get started and then forgotten in editing for me.  So I did them to the best of my ability at that time and just shared.  

    It falls in line with my 2020 goal to improve my writing through finished projects.  

    Looking back at the month I'd have to say I am pretty pleased with it.  I have a late start here in June, but I really want to post more regularly.  

    Little wins are powerful.  And seeing the parts you won in a challenge can be really important.  

  • Astronomy
  • Art ideas
  • Music from 
  • Dairy Free Lemon Curd
  • Fresh Home-made Dairy Free Bread 
  • Finishing projects that have been holding everything back.  
  • Checking things off the list.  
  • Painting 
 

    I had a thought this week and looked for a video.  I found the one just above this.  I used to sit in my living room, when I had my own place.  At meal times I would sit at a table on the floor looking out the window.  It was relaxing.   And a nice view.  We had that big courtyard in the middle of all the apartments.  I liked to call it our shared backyard.  But that was always nice.  and I wanted a nice ambient sound video that would give me a window view and this one did the trick. 

    The month has been busy and slow.  I am learning new skills.  Video editing.  Kind of a continuing new skill, but I have been working on those area of skills.  I am playing with a mic and a web cam.  There is a lot to learn.  But it has been fun even if it is stressful sometimes. 

    Are you working on a new skill? 



Comments