A Moments Realization: My Art

[Image Description] A shimmery black cat with wide eyes sits within a patch of pumpkins gazing up either to the sky or the viewer. Everything is made of polymer clay.
    While writing I came to a phrase I don’t feel like I use enough. 

    “My art.” 

    I found the phrase fit into place so nicely, yet I had never really used it like that. It suddenly made the work I do feel so much more legitimate and mine. It made it feel real and free. 

    There was an expanding sort of freedom in those words, “my art.”

    I guess maybe I have been too long listening to the voices that say I should be making more of what sells. Listening too much to the voices that say things have to be just so. 

    I have tried to let loose and enjoy myself, but it’s often bookended with those voices telling me to go the other way. 

    But those two words, “my art,” speaking them feels like so much freedom and truth. I want to swim in their meaning and find out what else they have to teach me. 

Comments