An Improvement to my Positive Affirmations

[Image Description] Photo of a purple flower over a clover look alike ground cover with a white dashed border and the words, Better Affirmations.

    Affirmations can be very helpful. The right affirmations, over time, can help you unlearn thought patterns and instill yourself with more confidence & self worth.

    I've been utilizing them as a tool for my mental health for years now. It took me some time to figure out exactly how to use them, but they've been doing me very well since.

    Recently I tried a seemingly small change to this habit which had an immediate impact.

    Normally I would just say my affirmation such as:

I am loved.

    But for some reason I decided to try starting with declaring my name followed by the affirmation.

My name is Lilian Brennan and I am loved.

    There was something immediately empowering about declaring my name with confidence. I've been using this in my affirmations for at least a month now and it still feels so good.

    Give it a try. See how it makes you feel. And if you’ve never tried reciting affirmations to yourself or into a mirror, see if it can help you. 

[Image Description] Photo of a green vine over a brick wall with a white dashed border and the words, You Are Amazing!

    It may feel weird or silly at first, but keep at it. You may find some wordings work better for you. Or that it is easier to start small and work your way up to stronger affirmations over several weeks or months. The only way to find out is to try. Good luck. And 

    You Are Loved.


Comments