Small Delights: Mental Health

[Image Description] Small painting laying on a paper trimmer. Painting is of bats flying in the night sky with a full moon in the background.
     This week has been nice. Very hectic, but I am finding my mental health has been improving more and more. I still have dysthymia and I have to take my medicine, but I am finding a balance that is working. 

    One thing I really have to remember about myself that I keep forgetting is that I am happy when I am creating and learning. When I am writing, painting, sculpting it feels like I am alive. And sometimes that feeling is so intense that it is as though I have not been living and merely existing the rest of the time. Everything is so fast paced and productivity based that it is easy to set aside the stuff that is really important to us because some people don't see its inherent value. I hope I can hold on to this. 

[Image Description] Miniature painting standing up against a large jar of water for brush cleaning. Painting is of gold stars staring to fill a purple sky just as the sun is setting behind shadowy hills.
    I've been doing a lot of inner work and journaling. And I have made so much progress of recent that it is a little overwhelming. The last two days I started just doing more art. I finally pulled out the paints to do miniature watercolors. I haven't done them since January. Though honestly the the polar vortex and the grid failing in February messed me up. But I am so in love with my work. 

    I hope you are too. 

Lilian

Comments