Small Delights & Recovery

[Image Description] Top down photo of a cup of tea on a saucer on a wooden table with yellow fresh cut flowers and a black and white floral cloth, as well as an open book.
Photo by Loverna Journey on Unsplash

     I've been a bit out of sorts and off the grid for the better part of two weeks. The Friday before Halloween I was struck with terrible pain. Luckily I have some medication that could handle it. I had to go on a liquid diet though and I had oral surgery the next week to deal with the issue. I am slowly introducing solid food back into my diet, but I still have difficulty opening my mouth enough to actually chew. 

    In an unpleasant and yet statistically humorous turn of events, my housemate fell and broke her wrist the day after my surgery. Things were not going well for the household. But I can say it is nice to have friends that are willing to help out. 

    I had to miss out on participating in a lolita meet and I am not sure how well I will be able to eat by Thanksgiving. But people have been rather nice. 

    I've also been able to do some art in all of this. I was working on a miniature bedroom before the issue and I've managed to continue working on it even during recovery. Even if the progress has been slower. 

    I've also been taking advantage of accessible reading to learn about D&D and running D&D. 

    I am hoping I can start working more now that I am a week into recovery. I hope you are all doing well. How are you all? 

    Also I miss tea. I haven't had tea in about two weeks. 

Comments