Learning to run Dungeons & Dragons

          So I’ve been reading up on D&D, working my way through some of the core rule books as well as some supplements that really excite me. Recently I got access to a program called Foundry VTT which will help me facilitate games online. 

It has been a lot of learning. Foundry VTT has especially been exciting in the last month or so. Working my way through tutorials and testing out different parts. 


Most recently I was practicing making characters and NPCs (non-player characters.) The next step was to try out how combat encounters worked. 


I pitted 3 of my level one heroes against a trio of bandits I had modified for interest as well as figuring out how to modify them. And it was close. I nearly killed those three heroes. It lasted for at least an hour. Characters were up and down. But the heroes managed to win. I learned a lot from just that one combat. And it was exciting and fun. Plus having characters drop meant I got to test out death saving throws.


A section of a line art map of a tavern.

I am excited to continue. I’m not sure what is next, but I’m sure it will be fun. 


Comments