Everything Is A Lot And I've Decided I'm Doing Nanowrimo

person using black typewriter
Cropped photo by Thom Milkovic on Unsplash

    There is just a lot going on right now that I need to handle, and you may think it's ill advised for me to decide I'm going to do 50,000 words of writing on top of all that. But I've come to realize, once again, that writing is important for me & my mental health. I need to do it often, even daily. And the stream of consciousness journaling I'm doing every day with 750 words is not enough. I need creative writing. I need to be able to take my thoughts and my feelings and my past experiences and weave them into something.


    But I have this issue where I don't do that because I feel beholden to do what other people expect me to do before I get to the things I need to do. This never leaves energy for what I need to do let alone what I want to do. 


    But these challenges give me the right reasons to do my things. Or rather they give me reasons no one can use any sort of twisted logic to coerce me out of. 


    So 50,000 words in November. Let's go. 


Comments