Is it Laziness or are you Recovering

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

There are lots of things I want to do. Things I feel very passionate about. But there never seems to be time to do them. 


I know we have to make time for the things that are important to us, but it is hard to do things when the mind is so unfocused and you feel yourself incapable of tackling complex matters. And it is certainly a recipe for disaster to use power tools when the mind is like this. 


But I wonder, why is it like this so often? I can get so little done and then I have to rest. And some things take so long. And other times I just hit a wall. 


I’ve taken time to look into this and I’ve found the issues. 


I am over stimulated, under fed, and nearly always masking. 

So much of this time is my body and mind trying to recover. And it is hard to recover if you are not getting enough calories. 


So I am making adjustments. Setting up tracking systems to help me deal with things and see to my needs. It is a work in progress. But I am seeing improvements. 


I want to invite you to look at your situation and ask yourself am I being lazy or am I recovering.


If our bodies or minds are trying to recover we need to be gentle with ourselves. 


But we can't just stop at realizing we're recovering. We need to figure out what we are recovering from. And if it is possible for us to make changes, improvements, or even remove ourselves from situations that are causing our need for recovery, that's the next step. 


Comments