Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 5 - Lolitas I Have Met In Real Life


   Hey there!  This is my fifth post for +Caro Dee's Lolita 52 Challenge from FYeah Lolita.  Each week I will answer one of the questions on the list.  Last week I talked about my best deal.  This week I am talking about number thirteen, lolitas I have met in real life.  To see the rest of my answers click here.  To see what all 52 questions are go check out +Caro's post.  (It's linked above!)
    I have to admit.  I was not very social for the first many years as my life as a lolita.  I didn't go to almost any conventions and in the beginning I am not even sure if there were other lolitas in my area.  I started meeting lolitas once I started going to Realmscon on a yearly basis.  And it has been up hill from there.

    At the 2011 Realmscon I got to meet  Melissa Diaz from O So Wrong, O So Right.  She was the first lolita I met in person and actually talked too.  It was lovely to talk to her and I found her dresses very inspiring.  I still remember the dress she was wearing that day.  The skirt had three or four very different fabrics and they looked great together.  She had created it herself.

    The next year I went to the con and met a lovely lolita from Brutal Cutie.  I had so much fun chatting with her.  We had a great conversation with topics ranging from lolita fashion to Bethesda.  Sadly I don't believe we ever actually traded names.  Ah the things we do when we are sleep deprived.  (or rather don't do.)  I got to meet a hand full of other lolitas that year that are in our local community.  One of them was Anna Marie Velvet of Velvet Alchemy.  The two of us started keeping email correspondence.

    The following year, last year, I met even more lolitas and we finally started having meet ups.  I am very excited to get to know everyone more and build some great relationships.

    Have you met any great lolitas or are you a lone lolita in your area?

Comments